Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions that govern the purchase of a Steamed Studio product. Before submitting an order please read our terms carefully.
For queries about our terms and conditions, please contact us directly.
- Contacting us
- Our contract with you
- Lead times
- Product photo likeness
- Returns and cancellations
- Delivery delays
- Customers responsibility
- How do refunds work?
- Caring for homeware products
- The nature of timber
- Bespoke pieces
1. Contacting us
The best way to contact us is by email; we are a small workforce and the phones are not manned.
We put down our tools and pick up our emails at designated times during the day. We can guarantee your email will be responded to as soon as we can.
For any queries, complaints or questions not answered in the FAQ section, please use our email to get in touch.
In all emails please include your name, contact number, a short description of your query and details from your order if relevant.
Email us at email@example.com
2. Our contract with you
If we cannot fulfil your order, we will inform you in writing or by phone. You will not be charged for the product and a full refund will be given.
Reasons for not pursuing an order may be as follows;
- Unavailability of raw materials to make the product
- An error in pricing
3. Lead times
Estimation of lead times will be detailed in the product description which will vary depending on the product; but we aim to complete all orders within two to three weeks. Where we are unable to meet the aforementioned lead times – for example with more bespoke pieces – we will give a tailored estimate.
4. Product photo likeness
Whilst we ensure every effort is made to make each product identical, due to the nature of a handmade product, some variation may occur. This is because;
- The grain on natural timber varies and will differ from the photo
- Twists and bends are created by hand and so, naturally, some disparity may occur
- Slight colour changes can occur depending on what timber we use
We reserve the right to make minor carpentry adjustments in our product range when facing unavailability of certain products. Changes will be minimal and will not affect the use of the product.
5. Returns and cancellations
5a. If you have ordered an item and later need to cancel it, this may be done providing the cancellation is made 14 days after ordering. This may be subject to deductions and you will need to contact us directly to arrange to return the products.
Note: Products made bespoke to your requirements cannot be refunded or cancelled as we are unable to resell them.
5b. In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with your product after receiving it, a full refund may be authorised for the following reasons only:
- If there is damage to the product upon recipient opening
- If the product provides no likeness to the photo description (excluding factors mentioned in section 4)
5c. We are happy to accept returns if the product:
- Is unused and has never been installed
- Is in fully resalable condition
- And you have made contact within 14 days after delivery as mentioned in 5a
5d. A full refund of the product is offered minus postage and packing fees. All returned products must be packaged in original packing to prevent damage.
We advise that all returned goods use a reliable and guaranteed postal service as we cannot be held responsible for any items being lost in the post.
5e. It is the customer’s role to pay for returned goods. However, Steamed Studio takes the responsibility of the postage and/or shipping cost in these circumstances:
- If a product is faulty or misdescribed
- If after purchasing, we change our terms or release an upcoming change to the product
- A delay in delivery due to events outside our control
If there are any pricing errors on our website, we reserve the right to reject your order.
Our products can be delivered to the British Isles and overseas. Delivery cost is bespoke to every order and is not included in the products price.
There is a standard postage charge for orders within mainland British Isles which is included in the product description section. For orders overseas and off mainland UK, please contact us directly for a bespoke postage price. Note: this does not include import charges, customs clearance or duty; the recipient is responsible for these fees. Your product may be held in customs until full payment is received.
In the case that we have the product returned to us due to a failed delivery or collection from depo, you may be charged again for redelivery.
After successful payment has been accepted, we will post the product to the address the buyer has provided. If you require a different delivery address, you must contact us directly as soon as possible. Whilst we will assist with the delivery changes, we are not responsible for the error.
All products are sent with tracked postage.
8. Delivery delays
Whilst we are not responsible for delays in postage, we will inform the buyer of any updates or relevant information.
9. Customers responsibility
Outlined below are some terms that customers buying our products are responsible for.
- The customer is responsible for any typos or errors made in the transaction process, including the address and delivery instructions. If we are unsure or we think there is an error, we will contact you before postage/shipping.
- Upon received and accepted payment, the buyer owns the goods. Once the product is delivered and signed for Steamed Studio is no longer liable for any future damages.
- Please understand it is the buyer’s responsibility to check and ensure that the products received are unused and are in a new and undamaged condition.
- If we receive damaged products because of poor packaging, we have the right to refuse a refund or discount the costs of repair or damage to the saleability.
- Any returned product postage cost – other than those stipulated under section 5 – are to be paid by the customer.
- After purchase, an order form will be emailed to the buyer. If there are any mistakes on this form, it is the customer’s responsibility to contact us immediately to have it corrected.
10. How do refunds work?
You will first be offered a replacement product. If the replacement option is declined, Steamed Studio will wait until the goods are safely returned in the conditions stated under section 5c.
We aim to refund monies owed within 14 days of the goods arriving back to us in saleable condition.
11. Caring for homeware products
Below are our recommendations to ensure the longevity of steam-bent products. Following these recommendations is essential.
- Products are specifically for indoor use only
- Use our products in dry and ambient environments. Steam rooms, saunas etc are not suitable places for the products. For more advice on where to install your product, contact Steamed Studio directly.
- Climate control is essential if the product is to be stored.
Failure to comply with the above recommendations may result in the product warping, staining, unravelling and possible surface damage that Steamed Studio is not liable for.
We cannot accept responsibility of deformation, splitting, discolouration, or any other defects caused by extreme temperatures, humidity, dampness, or light.
Please understand that wood is a natural product and so over time the colour of the wood will mature, it is the beauty of the wood and we will not consider it a defect.
12. The nature of timber
Timber changes over time, that is what we love about it- and hope you do too!
Over time, you may notice:
- Different grain patterns
- Variations in colour
- Light and dark contrasts in colour
We will not consider these factors defects.
13. Bespoke pieces
If you are ordering pieces bespoke, please make ensure your requirements are accurate. We will be making the products to your measurements and sketches/designs. For tips on how to measure or present a design idea please contact us directly.
We will follow your specifications directly, however if any dissatisfaction arises after product is made, we hold no liability for this as design, materials etc will have been of the choice of the customer.
Once both parties have accepted and confirmed the design of bespoke piece via email, work will then commence. Any agreed changes thereafter may be liable to incur extra cost.